- Robert Newell, United Kingdom, 1st May - 4th May 2009 This was the best hostel I stayed at during my trip through Eastern Europe. It was very clean, modern and in a nice location. Also, the lady who runs the place is a sweetheart.. If I ever find myself in Riga again I'll definately stay at Barons again.
- "We spent 5 days in Riga and loved every minute of it Thank you all at Barons for making our trip unforgettable"
Kata and Jaakko, Finland
- "Thank you very much for the fantastic hospitality and comfy surrounding! This place is a great find & we'll definitely be back soon. You guys were great, and more than happy to give us loads of advice! see ya soon"
Jen and Danny, England
- "This is a good hostel if you are a group that want more of peace and quiet than 24hr partying (like a family). The hostel is very clean. The kitchen is excellent/nice common room. Rooms are nice and the beds are comfy. Itīs located in central Riga and everything is on a walking distance. If you absolutely want to live in Old Riga and want more of a partying/younger crowd - go to their sister hostel Argonaut instead."
- "Most friendly hostel manager EVER. Even hired us her car at huge discount to market rates. Only 10min walk through nice park into old town. Transport nearby but walking's better. Only criticism are the showers can get very hot and then not off and on."
- "This is the first time Ive felt obliged to write a review - Barons is the best hostel I have stayed in on my travels and I have passed through so many places Ive lost count. The staff are super friendly, the appartment is beautiful and spotlessly clean. You can have a good night out and get a proper night's sleep too as the hostel is away from all the noise of the center without being too far out from it all to stumble back to. I moved here from one of the "party" hostels as the partying was fine, being able to sleep afterwards was impossible. Thanks for everything to the Barons and Argonaut crew for a cool few days - the only problem was I didnīt get to see much of Riga as the hostel was such a nice place to kick back for a few days :> Special thanks to Ieva for the hospitality and the much needed photography tips! If anyone is out there thinking of opening a hostel, check this place out and use it as your blueprint."
- "Barons is one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in. Old Riga is easily accessable and the staff are supremely knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended."
- "I loved my stay in Riga and when I return I would definatly choose the barons again. The barons is the quieter alternative to the argonaut hostel, this is brilliant because you get the best of both worlds, you can go party with everone at argonaut and then return to the barons and just chill out or sleep (which is impossible in some hostels). The staff were very friendly and really cared about making sure that everyone had a good time making it feel more like a home then a hostel. I was only in riga for a long weekend but I miss it already. (If your from Australia and you stay here make sure you bring bundy, they love it.)"
- "One of the best hostels we have stayed in. Clean, safe, cosy, close walk to city. Staff members are passionate about the hostel and guests. Made us want to stay in Riga even longer!!!"